Advanced Paediatric Life Support (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
COVID-19 Risk reduction: we will check your temp and ask you about symptoms and contacts before starting the course. We will maintain 2m distancing where possible and will wear masks where 2m is not possible. We ask all student to adhere to handwashing and respiratory hygiene standards. As per IHF guidlines, we will not be using mouth-to-mask ventilations during the course.
Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) training provides a structured learning environment for multi-disciplinary groups to develop the skills, teamwork, and organisation necessary to effectively manage paediatric emergencies.
The APLS course, designed by the American Academy of Paediatrics, is ideal training for those who work in paediatrics and who manage paediatric emergencies on a regular basis.
The course is run by Precision Healthcare under license from the Advanced Life Support Group (ALSG) in the UK
PLEASE NOTE: the ALSG VLE Tutorials MUST be completed before attending the course. No exceptions are made.
Click here for a sample course programme (please note that this programme is subject to change)
It is intended for healthcare professionals who work in paediatrics and who manage paediatric emergencies on a regular basis.
These candidates may include (but are not limited to) Consultants, Registrars, Senior House Officers, Clinical Nurse Managers and nurses.
Online Virtual Learning Environment
- ABCDE Assessment
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Neurological Emergencies
- Blood test interpretation
- X-Ray interpretation
- ECG Interpretation
- Multiple Choice Question assessment
- Primary and secondary paediatric assessment
- Recognition of respiratory distress/failure
- Airway management and ventilation
- Needle thoracocentesis, chest drain, surgical airway
- Recognition of shock
- IV/IO/Umbilical vascular access and fluid resuscitation
- Basic life support
- Newborn resuscitation
- Electrical therapy/Defibrillation
- Spinal injury/immobilisation
- Safe transfer of patients
16 hours face-to-face, 6 hours online
Criteria For Successful Completion
- Completion of the pre-course Online Tutorials, including the MCQ
- Attendance at the full face-to-face session
- Pass a simulated Acute Medical/Trauma Emergency scenario (moulage).
- Pass a Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) assessment.
Participants who successfully complete the course, including the skills evaluation, will receive an ALSG APLS provider course completion card . This accreditation is recognised in over 50 countries throughout the world and is valid for 4 years.
Our highly-experienced Instructors come from Irish, UK and European Healthcare Systems. All instructors are trained by ALSG and monitored on a regular basis. Precision Healthcare is inspected by ALSG on a yearly basis to ensure conformity with APLS standards.
The following materials are delivered to the student approximately 4 weeks before the course date
- Login details for the Online Classroom
- APLS Textbook
- Directions to face-to-face venue
All Precision Healthcare courses are eligible for CPD/CME points. The exact number of points you can claim depends on what your occupation/speciality is.
This course is eligible for up to 16 hours of face-to-face CPD and 6 hours of online CPD
More information on Medical Council and An Bord Altranais
- Registration€750+€18.75 Service fee€750+€18.75 Service fee0€0